We have different needs throughout our lives, even throughout our day. Inspirational “you can do it” books are important for morale and motivation. But the content of DISCIPLINE STRATEGY® is not a to-do book. This is about how to.
In these blog posts and pages, I am offering extremely specific and highly detailed processes for how to go from where you are now to where you want to be. I’m talking about goals like:
- Losing weight and getting in the best physical shape of your life
- Leaving your salaried position and starting your own business
- Getting a job in a new field
- Earning your pilot’s license
- Finishing that college degree or master’s degree
- Improving your relationships
- Engaging in a new life path that inspires you
- Helping others in a meaningful way
- Doing ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that will help you grow as a person, improve your happiness, and increase your well-being
- Completing in an IRONMAN competition when you currently just run a few miles a week
These aren’t the kind of goals you accomplish in a few days, but they’re also not the product of make-believe. These goals can be reached, and I’m here to offer you an itemized way to get there.
These pages deal with such issues as:
- Researching your goals for useful, applicable information
- Sorting through vast amounts of data with a critical eye
- Making sound and informed decisions about your present and future
- Creating detailed action plans
- Implementing your plans from an informed, confident position
- Maintaining your determination, focus, and inspiration
- Making the best use of feedback
- Living a successful and enjoyable life
The processes I offer are part of my DISCIPLINE STRATEGY®, and they work for your plans in self-help situations, relationships, and profession. Why the focus on discipline? Because in the words of Jim Rohn, “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” We’re here not to talk about dreams but about living out a strategy over time, perhaps for months, perhaps for years, and then ultimately for your whole life.
Anyone can dream. Discipline is what makes dreams real.
But then, it’s easy enough to say that discipline is the “magic” ingredient. Many books and lectures have done just that. But so few of these gurus actually talk about what that means in the nitty-gritty daily grind of living our lives. What does discipline look like? How does it work on an ordinary Tuesday?
That’s what we’re talking about here: instructions for specific actions you can take right here and right now to get yourself started, to keep working your plans, to succeed, and ultimately to take that pattern of success as a matrix for your life.
We focus on tasks, not inspiration. We’ll going to talk about tools and routines to improve your decision-making and implementation processes. This includes worksheets to keep you from floundering as you stare at blank pages and checkpoints to gauge your headway.
We also keep things simple. You won’t find the words “synergy” or “monetize” here, but we will be talking about creating action plans and making the best use of your feedback from others.
Finally, we offer an online community at disciplinestrategy.com that supports continued information sharing by readers, an online personality test, worksheets, and much more.